Thursday 15 November 2012

Glitter Bug

I adore sparkle especially at this time of year. A few years ago I fell in love with the most lucious heels, they were round toe, silver glittery beauties with a bow. I loved them so much I bought 5 pairs in the range, the shop assistant working on commission loved me that day..my bank not so much. They lasted well with my shoe care OCD... here they are on my asian babe feet (with a few friends)..I miss those shoes..



I find hope in the fact there are a few good pairs available on the high street at the moment, some with a lovely discount.


Shiny shiny! The joy of black heels = they look good with 99% wardrobe choices (1% leeway for those horrendous days your wardrobe vomits on you). I'm becoming more open to the idea that I'm getting older and my feet may accept slingbacks. These glittery goddesses are from River Island for £70.00, not cheap considering you get half a shoe and cold heels but they are pretty. You win some you lose some I guess.






I'm not tall, my husband laughs because he sees the top of my head. For a long time I wanted to be 5'5" but after several years (of lying to myself) I came to accept I'd stopped growing. Well these days I'm a bit podgy so I am growing horizontally jsut not vertically. This is probably why I love heels and going to Malaysia where my family is either the same height or shorter making me a very happy short person/temorarily tall. These three sparklers above are hiding in Wallis. Wallis...I'd thought for a long time was were you went after the age of 40. It's a lie, this shop has many secret treasures. As a shorty it does a very good petit range which isn't fuddy duudy as well as a good shoe range. These three could easily fit in my shoe collection. They were £45.00 but they are currently discounted down to £40.50. They have a 9.5cm heel height, they sparkle, have a lovely rounded toe and the all important bow. Lovely!








Dune never fails to please. This glitter bomb is currently avaialble in Debenhams for £68.00. A small but pleasing discount from the original price of £85.00. The chunkier heel may be a bit safer on the icy pavements but then again if your out on the town in these it's more than likely the Jack Daniels has done it's work and removed all sense of balance. All in all my feet would love these!


Last up we have the wonderful collaboration of black and purple glitter that creates that lovely greenish effect.. They are from Schuh, Schuh never disappoints when you're after some glitter, this is true at any any time of the year. These Prince Court Glitter High Heels are lovely but I do prefer a concealed platform, no one really wants to see how many inches you're trying to gain but that's probably just a personal issue with being vertically challenged. Hope you liked todays sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment