Friday 16 November 2012

Nostalgic Gibberish




Nostalgic gibberish, two ridicuolous words together. Love it! It was the 11th birthday of our godson yesterday. We, as good godparents bought him a hideous jumper from Marks and Spencer Limited Collection. This photo is from the Marks' website. Our godson never looks this unhappy. So the Christmas jumpers are out in full force now for children and adults. There is no excuse not to own one.


Product Image

This is my favourite winter delight -
Where to start with this masterpiece... Reindeer on reindeer, it's a bit like cheese on cheese. Too good not to happen haha. The poms on the hooded reindeer number fell off so I replaced them with these homemade Irish themed poms (I'm half Irish hence the Irish theme), to be pretty honest a five year old could probably have done better but I managed to remember my pom pom skills from over 20 years ago and hey presto these were created. The leggings...well...I'm not going to lie, there are a few reindeers that disappear/reappear in some questionable but amusing places. Either the person in the reindeer legging factory has a very funny side or it was just pot luck amusing machinery skills. Either way, I love every bit of this. Well done House of Fraser and River Island. This awful number will be seen again this Christmas day. And yes I will be jumping, it's one of my favourite things to do.

This time of year reminds me of the good ol' days, when you believed that it was ok for an over weight, fancy dressed, elderly man to sneak in to your bedroom in the middle of the night to leave presents, eat the food in your home and neck any booze left within sight. These days it's clear that this is just not cool. I will still lie to my future children about this dodgy old man, it seems only fair to pass this tradition on.

Not long after I realised Santa wasn't real the presents came with labels on from Mom and Dad. The one I first recall was this...


I still want one, I'm pretty sure ours was sold by my older brother in his Del Boy days. Nothing beats old school Donkey Kong and Street Fighter, they've long gone out of the attic too so that was probably another fiver lining my bro's pocket.. Grey on grey, excellent colour schemes back then, none of this black or white nonsense.

We've not long moved house and amongst all the crap we've hoarded over the years we're some tapes. They were once played on this bad boy...



Now this was a thing of beauty 15 odd years ago, it was passed down to me from my big sister. It had a screen on it that told you the time! Brilliant technology and loads of buttons, which, by the time I received this had no print above them, great for boring afternoons as a child - listening to jiggery tape recordings of the UK Top 40 charts, watching the time and pressing the mystery buttons. Oooh the excitement.

I recently bought these Beats by Dre Solo HD's...

I've got to the stage in life where I just want to listen to my stuff in comfort. This bright red colour means I won't get lost in a crowd while listening to the pan pipes of north america (joke!This months flavours are John Legend - Get Lifed and Nelly Furtado - Loose). I've grown tiresome of ramming ill fitting ear plugs in, only for them to fall back out minutes later and hese lovelies double up as ear warmers. They also fold down so I can fit them into my ridicculously oversized handbag containing my life remanants from the past 6 weeks. Note to self: I will sort my bag out soon.

So the grande finale of todays nostalgic gibberish would not be complete without these - these will never go out of fashion with me. I've asked my boss if we can have some for recreational purposes in the office, so far there has been no success. I'll keep trying...

*Photos sourced from my own camera, www.marksandspencer.com and google.


No comments:

Post a Comment